Western Canada Lottery Corporation has an opportunity for a motivated Social Media Communications Coordinator able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of the Corporate Communications team. The successful candidate will collaborate with our Marketing team to implement and refine a social media strategy for our organization. The role will work closely with stakeholders from throughout WCLC to generate and coordinate content for our web and social media presence, engage our social media communities, and work to manage and track our online presence.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Managing and harmonizing content submissions and updates to public facing websites and social media channels
- Coordinating the editorial and quality assurance process with content creators, such as writers and web designers.
- Implementing and monitoring communication and marketing initiatives on social media channels.
- Managing consumer and public issues and concerns touching on corporate perception and reputation
- Working with internal stakeholders to escalate and resolve issues as necessary and appropriate.
- Monitoring and updating social media strategy, guidelines and training materials.
- Participating in the development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into WCLC’s web presence.
- Assisting in analyzing and reporting on user feedback.
- Writing / editing content
- Representing WCLC or providing backup on national working group for shared digital media assets.
- Coordinating with provincial partners on shared social and digital media initiatives and campaigns as needed.
- Assessing and providing recommendation on corporate use of new and emerging digital and social media channels.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- 1-3 years’ experience in a social media related position
- Diploma in communications, marketing, new media or relevant field
- Passion for social media and expertise in major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
Join an organization that values collaboration, respect, integrity and an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is a non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct and operate lottery and gaming-related activities for its Members, including the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut participate as associate members. WCLC's affairs are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two representatives appointed by each of the Member provincial governments.
Don’t gamble with your career……apply by December 13, 2020 at WCLC Careers