WESTERN CANADA LOTTERY CORPORATION
We are currently looking for a Communications Strategist in our Communications department in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position reports to the Director, Communications, and has responsibilities for planning and delivering communications and corporate affairs initiatives to a variety of key stakeholder groups, both within and external to the Corporation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Create and deliver on communications plans related to WCLC’s internal communications, aligning to wider department and corporate objectives
· Create internal and external communication plans (for product launches, internal change initiatives, emerging issues, et cetera)
· Coordinate with counterparts in partner organizations to achieve shared communication goals in winner’s publicity, product launches, and issues management
· Trusted advisor to provide communications counsel and support to other departments and colleagues within WCLC
· Develop measurement and feedback mechanisms to assess communications program successes
· Provide communications perspective and advice to project implementation committees
· Act as back-up to Director for
o Media relations and Corporate Spokesperson duties
o Executive and Board communications
o Regional and national committee participation
o Crisis management preparedness and planning
o Accessibility program development and management
· Write and edit media releases for major lottery wins, game launches, and other corporate initiatives as needed
· Planning hosting winner’s press conferences and other winner events
· Manage media monitoring and compile summary for WCLC senior leaders
· Contribute to creating and implementing communication standards and guidelines among all internal departments
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Professional skills/knowledge
· Post-secondary education or certification in Communications or related field
· At least 5 years applicable job experience preferred
· Knowledgeable communicator with proven track record in achieving measurable results
· Experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a complex environment
· Excellent communication skills through varied formats, including written materials and presentations
· Strong attention to detail
· Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision making skills
Join an organization that values collaboration, respect, integrity and an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and a good work-life balance.
Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is a non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct and operate lottery and gaming-related activities for its Members, including the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut participate as associate members. WCLC's affairs are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two representatives appointed by each of the Member provincial governments.
Our vision is to provide the best lottery experience for our Players including entertaining products, convenient access to products anytime, anywhere and a positive experience in all interactions. WCLC recognizes that it’s our people that make this possible.
Don’t gamble with your career. Apply at WCLC Careers.