Western Canada Lottery Corporation has an opportunity for a motivated Digital Communications Specialist able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of our Corporate Communications team.
The successful candidate will be a key player in our organization’s social media strategy, collaborating with our Marketing team to develop, refine and execute the plan. They’ll work closely with stakeholders from throughout WCLC to generate and coordinate content for our web and social media presence, engage our social media communities, and work to manage and track our online presence. They’ll also support more traditional communications activities when appropriate – generating internal and external content for a variety of audiences.
Responsibilities and Accountabilites:
- Helping drive and refine a social media strategy that aligns with our social media roadmap and social media best practices.
- Moving forward and actively monitoring communications and marketing initiatives on social media channels.
- Helping coordinate content submissions and updates to public-facing websites and social media channels by working closely with subject matter experts from across our teams.
- Assessing and providing recommendations on corporate use of new and emerging digital communications channels.
- Coordinating with stakeholders inside and outside our organization on shared digital and traditional media initiatives and campaigns as needed.
- Tracking and managing consumer and public issues and concerns touching on corporate perception and reputation with the rest of the communications team.
- Providing internal and stakeholder communications and media engagement support when required.
- Representing WCLC on national working groups for digital media or communications as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a position with social media management accountability
- Diploma in communications, marketing, new media, or a relevant field
- Experience in major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
Join an organization that values collaboration, respect, integrity and an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Don’t gamble with your career…apply by February 21, 2021 at WCLC Careers.
Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is a non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct and operate lottery and gaming-related activities for its Members, including the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut participate as associate members. WCLC's affairs are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two representatives appointed by each of the Member provincial governments.
Our vision is to provide an exceptional lottery experience for our Players including entertaining products, convenient access to products anytime, anywhere and a positive experience in all interactions. WCLC recognizes that it is our people that make this possible.