Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball
The University of Winnipeg is currently recruiting for a Head Coach of our Women’s Volleyball Program.
All involved with Wesmen Athletics represent The University of Winnipeg and the broader University community. The University is not only concerned with developing students academically, but also with fostering a sense of responsibility to the University and community. Wesmen Athletics strives to develop awareness of important societal issues, to foster concern for the welfare of others, and to enrich understanding of the interdependence of all aspects of life in society. The University of Winnipeg pays particular attention to ways in which athletic and recreational experiences can improve the quality of life in the broader community. Essential components of the Wesmen tradition include values of equality, inclusion, diversity, and community service that create an environment whereby student athletes can make a contribution on and off the court or field of play.
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Coach will lead the team to ensure and promote an environment that is safe, positive, respectful, and conducive to the pursuit of academic and athletic excellence. You will be responsible for the organization and operation of the Women’s Volleyball Program including recruitment, retention, and supporting the academic success of student athletes. In addition, the Coach will ensure compliance with USport rules and regulations. This position will also play a key role in the promotion, fundraising, and marketing of the program to the Alumni and the community.
Other areas of responsibility will include:
- Responsible for the selection and leadership of team personnel;
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, is responsible for orientating student-athletes to the policies, regulations and code of conduct of the University, Department of Athletics, Canada West and USport;
- In conjunction with Wesmen Athetic staff, responsible for scheduling of games, travel arrangements, student-athlete financial awards, housing;
- Encouragement of student-athletes to develop and maintain the required academic standing and monitor academic progress;
- Responsible for budget preparation related to the Women’s Volleyball program.
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree;
- Certified Performance Coach;
- Minimum of 5 or more years of coaching experience, preferably with USport involvement;
- Excellent leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to recruit athletes;
- Evidence of involvement in developmental sport programs and a demonstrated understanding of the urban and inner-city community will also be considered assets;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build develop, establish, and maintain effective relationships within the athletes, faculty, staff, media, alumni & donors and surrounding communities are essential;
- Strong mentoring skills to support student-athletes;
- Knowledge and understanding of USport rules and regulations.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Winnipeg thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered for inteviews will be contacted.