THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO FILL 4 POSITIONS
Late applications will not be accepted.
- Operate any one of four cameras plus input for DVD player, computer and Symposium.
- Operate second switcher to display graphics on rear TV.
- Operate cameras to record instructors, students and displays.
- Communicate with director and other camera operators by headset.
- Provide graphic/text from character generator.
- Ensure all equipment is properly installed for recording purposes.
- Name and file videos and upload to streaming servers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some university training or college course work.
- Television production experience or video training preferred.
- A basic knowledge and or interest in creating video images desirable.
- Some directly related experience or familiarity with TV and TV productions would be desirable.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able think quickly and work under pressure.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with faculty, staff and students and the public.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism to attain production values/standards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours from Monday to Saturday.
- Or an acceptable amount of equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
The Collective Agreement between The University of Winnipeg and The Association of Employees Supporting Education Services (AESES), Clause 6.3, Selection for Vacancy, states: The Employer agrees that Employees with seniority shall have preference in connection with appointments so far as it is practicable to do so, provided that their qualifications are relatively equal.
Note: The University of Winnipeg is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is initially directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.