*This is an 8-month term position*
**Applicants are requested to submit a portfolio of their work, which will be considered in the selection process. This may be provided as a PDF or as a link to an online portfolio site.**
Note: Due to the ongoing public health situation, during COVID 19 and to safeguard the wellbeing of the University of Winnipeg community, the work currently being performed will be conducted remotely during this time. The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our top priority.
- Develops strategic and effective design solutions for institutional and client-based projects, in alignment with university objectives and priorities
- Consults with clients to identify needs and objectives
- Researches and develops original creative design solutions to meet the objectives within the university brand, and across multiple media, including print, web, digital multi-media, and others, as required.
- Presents design solutions to clients for discussion and implementation.
- Develops and oversees the project from concept to completion including recommending suitable production processes, providing specifications, and liaising with vendors as needed.
- Applies standards and guidelines across all media.
- Develops and updates suitable materials for departments/clients/suppliers to promote adherence to standards.
- Works to ensure consistency of key design elements (including photography, typography, illustrations) to maintain integrated look and feel throughout institutional communications materials.
- Works with photographers to create images that reflect university brand.
- Works with web manager to create graphic elements for use on website.
- Works with the web manager to provide graphic elements, related files, and design guidance in the development of branded web pages and digital platforms (such as social media) as well as customizing the appearance of digital applications.
- Maintains and manages current and archival files for design projects in an orderly, consistent and safe method for future reference and use by university community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a College Diploma in a related discipline is required.
- Graphic Design designation is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the field of graphic design is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Must have high level of creativity with strong design and brand identity sensibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to understand and develop brand identity concepts and create visual continuity across various media is required.
- Some experience working in a fast-paced, service-oriented industry is an asset.
- Proficiency with web design and photography are preferred.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff and faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact Sheena Laurin, HR Assistant at email@example.com or 204-988-7648.