- Responsible for maintaining communications between the Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) and its students.
- Participates in the Faculty’s annual strategic planning process as it relates to events and communications.
- Researches and tells FBE student stories through print, video and other media.
- Researches and compiles relevant stories, deadlines, dates and events for promotion across the Faculty’s communication channels.
- Collaborates with other FBE staff, students and student associations to cross-promote events and share information.
- Maintains the FBE and India Centre websites and regularly reviews related pages to ensure consistency and quality.
- Prepares a regular student newsletter for distribution to all current majors in business and economics.
- Tracks newsletter and website performance against established key performance indicators and reports progress to the Dean’s Office on a monthly basis. Collaborates with Communications and with the Departments to develop banners, sell sheets and other marketing materials.
- Creates event-specific promotional material, including invitations, posters and related publicity, consistent with FBE and UW brand requirements.
- Responds to, or forwards on appropriately, all inquiries to the Faculty’s generic email account. Maintains inventory of promotional items and sources promotional items for purchase.
- Drafts press releases, short articles, and posts to be shared across FBE platforms including social media, and work with Communications for broader distribution.
- Assists in developing and disseminating student perception and satisfaction surveys.
- Maintains a database of images and templates and an archive of marketing materials and articles.
- Stays current on and recommends best practices for building engagement and brand awareness through communications and marketing efforts.
- Coordinates the FBE’s participation at Convocation and in University-wide student recruitment events.
- Recruits, trains and maintains a database of student volunteers for FBE and UW events.
- Provides support for FBE events including those hosted by Departments and for the India Centre, FBE alumni group and/or external business community.
- Attends FBE events as required.
- Assists with student group events as required.
- Coordinates employer information sessions and/or workshops with the Business Development Officer and the Co-op Education Coordinator.
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in marketing or communications, or an equivalent program of study is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience planning events would be an asset.
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment would be an asset.
- Experience managing the digital communications of a business would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills with above-average writing skills is essential.
- Understanding of the University’s purpose and structure as well as those of the Faculty of Business & Economics is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Canva, InDesign, Photoshop and/or other design programs and/or a willingness to learn such software.
- Knowledge of website and social media management and/or a willingness to learn.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be able to work the occasional evening or weekend.
Note: The work described in this posting will be conducted in-person.
The University of Winnipeg has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all those coming to designated indoor campus spaces to provide proof they are fully vaccinated. The Policy has been suspended effective May 2, 2022. However, prospective employees should know that the Policy may be reinstated in the future based on changing public health circumstances.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff and faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact Shelby Phillips, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information of applicants is collected under the authority of the University of Winnipeg Act and 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All personal information collected via the recruitment process is used to assess the applicant’s suitability, eligibility, and qualifications for employment, and to otherwise support recruitment activities. This information will be provided to participating members of the recruitment process. Questions regarding the collection of your personal information may be directed to the Director, HR Services, 515 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2E9 or 204.786.9066.