Note: Due to the ongoing public health situation, during COVID 19 and to safeguard the wellbeing of the University of Winnipeg community, much of the work currently being performed will be conducted remotely during this time. The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our top priority.
- Maintains contact with various sources to remain current with funding opportunities, quota, and changes to policies, and to ensure that the University is adhering to funding agency guidelines and regulations.
- Provides personalized advice to students to ensure external funding applications adhere to agency guidelines.
- Researches new funding opportunities for graduate students to maintain sustainability and competitiveness of existing programs.
- Facilitates internal scholarship fundraising campaigns in collaboration with Graduate Program Chairs and writes grant applications for participation in new awards.
- Supports and organizes pathway programs to Graduate Studies.
- Develops and delivers professional skills and leadership training programs for graduate students.
- Develops and delivers career preparation and placement program for graduate students.
- Hires and supervises the Graduate Writing Tutor and the ISSP Graduate Student Mentor.
- Supports PACE in offering the Higher Education Teaching Certificate and the Postgraduate Professional Skills Certificate.
- Facilitates graduate student thesis exams by advising students and supervisors on the process; coordinates schedules, confirms a Chair; prepares and disseminates materials and completes required paperwork.
- Supports training for thesis supervisors and exam chairs.
- Directs all public relations matters related to Graduate Studies, including website design, social media communications, marketing materials and merchandise.
- Coordinates marketing activities and represents the department at events as needed.
- Selects and provides follow up on external providers for services, negotiating costs and monitoring quality and service.
- Collaborates on the planning and formulation of policy and practice in the areas of scholarship management, skills training, pathway programs and communication
- Supervises Communications and Events Assistants.
- Designs, coordinates, and evaluates events, in liaison with various University departments, for the Faculty of Graduate Studies that focus on student success and achievement.
- Undergraduate Honours degree required.
- Graduate degree would be an asset.
- Experience in grant writing would be an asset.
- Experience in website design would be an asset.
- Experience using In Design, Publisher or similar programs would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have effective word-processing, spreadsheet application and other related computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office).
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application.