Use your writing skills to inspire Winnipeggers!
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is an ambitious creative communicator with strong critical thinking skills and experience in corporate speech writing, public relations, advertising copy, and annual report writing. Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, this role:
- Writes inspiring speeches for marketing & media events
- Writes concise, persuasive copy for marketing communications, including:
- Letters, cases for support, brochures, reports, ads and posters
- Editing, proofreading
- Ensuring messaging, tone and language choices are on brand
- Writes media advisories, releases and backgrounders
- Tells stories that make the impact of our organization clear, including:
- Coordinating interviews
- Recording and transcribing interviews
- Blogging, news and magazine article writing
As the successful candidate, you possess the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and related experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English or Advertising and two to four years related experience including:
- Copywriting, speechwriting, storytelling
- Demonstrating initiative, imagination and resourcefulness
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate closely with other staff and volunteers
- Strong time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working or volunteering in non-profit or government environment an asset
United Way Winnipeg offers opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career! We offer excellent benefits including free health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, family sick leave and a generous vacation package. We also have a flexible work environment and are a fun and supportive workplace.
United Way Winnipeg is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce that reflects the demographics of the communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
Interested, qualifed candidates are encouraged to 'Apply' below. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application as well as a link to your portfolio or writing samples.