Use your writing skills to inspire Winnipeggers !
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is a proven creative communicator with strong critical thinking skills and experience in speech writing, public relations, advertising copy, and writing for web. The successful candidate will have a desire to tell stories and to make Winnipeg a better place for everyone.
Specifically, this role will focus on:
- Writing inspiring speeches for marketing & media events
- Writing media advisories & releases, public relations outreach
- Writing persuasive copy for marketing communications, including:
- Letters, cases for support, brochures, reports, ads, posters, radio spots
- Editing, proofreading
- Ensuring messaging is on brand
- Telling stories that make the impact of our organization clear, including:
- Coordinating interviews
- Recording and transcribing interviews (audio & video)
- Storyboarding, shooting, editing and producing video stories
- Blogging, news and magazine article writing
- Writing concisely for social media, web & email communications with SEM/SEO best practices in mind
Education and Experience
You possess the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and related experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English or Advertising and two to four years related experience including:
- Copywriting, speechwriting, storytelling
- Organizing and implement plans
- Demonstrating initiative, imagination and resourcefulness
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate closely with other staff and volunteers
- A master of MS-Word, and capable in Excel. Comfortable with Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Incopy, and After Effects in a Mac environment.
- Strong time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Respectfulness of confidentiality
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working or volunteering in non-profit or government environment an asset
With your application, please upload a cover letter, résumé, and samples of your work (by providing a website link or by attaching additional documents as part of your candidate profile).