Use your writing expertise to make a difference in our community!
We are seeking a highly dynamic, collaborative, savvy writer to join our marketing team. You’ll play a critical role in the voice of the United Way Winnipeg as you create content, messaging, and marketing creative. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on, innovative writer who is excited to inspire our community. You will be busy, supported, respected, and in excellent company. This is the role for you, if you are an experienced professional copywriter who is passionate about:
- Writing inspiring speeches for marketing & media events
- Writing concise, persuasive copy for marketing communications, including:
- Letters, cases for support, brochures, reports, ads and posters
- Editing, proofreading
- Ensuring messaging, tone and language choices are on brand
- Writing media advisories, releases and backgrounders
- Writing stories that make the impact of our organization clear, including:
- Working with community members to research and tell their stories
- Coordinating interviews
- Recording and transcribing interviews
- Blogging, news and writing for social
As the successful candidate, you possess the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and related experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English or Advertising and two to four years related experience including:
- Copywriting, speechwriting, storytelling for a variety of audiences from corporate to community
- Exceptional ability to edit, and consistently apply the rules of grammar and style
- Demonstrating initiative, imagination and resourcefulness
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate closely with other staff and volunteers
- Strong time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment and ability to work independently and as part of a team
United Way Winnipeg offers opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career! We offer excellent benefits including free health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, family sick leave and a generous vacation package. We also have a flexible work environment and are a fun and supportive workplace.
United Way Winnipeg is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce that reflects the demographics of the communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to 'Apply' below. Please include a cover letter and resume as well as a link to your portfolio or writing samples with your application.