Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing all marketing and communication strategies (internal and external) for the Society of Manitobans with Disabilities (SMD) brand/s across various channels including traditional and digital forms of marketing. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator develops and fosters good working relationships with staff and key stakeholders, as well as provides guidance through evaluating, developing, and communicating marketing strategies to build SMD brand awareness and positioning ensuring the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities are aligned.
• University degree or advanced diploma in relevant field or demonstrated equivalent experience
• Two plus years marketing and communications experience. Adept at story gathering and telling
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
• Experience with website management and using social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Adobe products or equivalent video/picture editing software’s such as Canva, InDesign, iMovie along with CRM’s, QRs, etc.
• Working knowledge of WordPress, Hootsuite/Buffer, Google AdWords/AdGrants/Analytics, Email Marketing Software Applications such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.
• Ability to take photos/videos and edit using appropriate software (iMovie, Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
• American Sign Language (ASL) and bilingualism (French/English) would be assets