Receptionist – Part Time
Calian is a Canadian-based, publicly traded company that prides itself in its international reputation for excellence and long-standing history of continual growth. This opportunity is with the Advanced Technologies division (formerly SED Systems) located in Saskatoon. Advanced Technologies is a global supplier of technical solutions, services and products related to Aerospace & Defense, Satellite, Wired & Terrestrial Wireless, Test & Measurement, AgTech and Nuclear industries. Become a part of an incredible team and work out of a custom-built facility in a beautiful research and development park adjacent to the U of S campus!
Calian is looking for a personable, professional, reliable and enthusiastic individual to join our team! This permanent, part-time position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 12:00pm with flexibility to work full days occasionally.
- Greet the public in friendly and approachable manner
- Issue security badges and parking passes to visitors and contractors
- Contact employees for signing in and escorting
- Maintain visitor records and welcome board
- Operate the company’s main phone line and internal intercom system
- Other general administrative support to all Calian departments using Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint
- A high school diploma, supplemented by a business college diploma or proven administrative experience
- A minimum of one-year reception or related customer service experience is required
- Proficiency in using computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and organizational skills
The ability to meet the requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Program is mandatory. The successful candidate is required to apply for and receive a Government Security Clearance.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter via the careers section of our website www.sedsystems.ca/careers/current-opportunities/ by March 28, 2021. All internal candidates must inform their current manager of their application.
Thank you for your interest in Calian! Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.