Retail Administrative Coordinator
Princess Auto is a Canadian based Multi-channel Retailer with a Global Vision. We serve the home, shop and industrial markets by providing a Unique Blend of quality products, services and value based solutions to our Guests through an outstanding shopping experience.
The RAC will be responsible for providing Team Development support to all Team Member’s, retail Leaders and Store Leader. He or she will assist with implementation of policies, recruitment, orientation, training, payroll, benefits, health & safety and other areas as directed. Other duties involve maintaining accurate, up-to-date TD filing systems and personnel records, and reports. Depending on the store class, other duties may be assigned by the Store Leader to assist with the retail operations.
- Liaise between Home Office and the store to implement new processes, share information, and facilitate all administrative functions of the TD and Finance departments.
- In conjunction with the Leadership Team, ensures all transactional TD functions are completed in a timely manner, i.e. hiring process, performance management, status change, long service awards, payroll and termination process.
- Communication - Work closely with all Team Members and the leadership team with respect to all communications and ensure that all are dealt with diplomacy, confidentiality and with Royal Service.
- Maintains Team Information Board. Work with the Leadership Team and TD to ensure that the information is up to date and always changing.
- Gateway maintenance and ensure it is being used as an effective communication tool.
- Help improve the communication to and from the evening and overnight teams by working late and early shift to meet and interact with the team.
- Help leaders to plan and coordinate monthly team meetings and team events such as charity drives and other team building events.
- Help coordinate with Home Office and the Leadership Team, special meetings, training, quarterly reports etc.
- Recruitment - Work with the Corporate Hiring Facilitator and Leadership Team to facilitate the hiring process and ensure that Princess Auto's hiring practices are followed.
- Health and Benefits - Coordinate the disability process/paperwork with the Disability Coordinator, Leaders and Team Member. i.e. Helping with claim paperwork, tracking of modified duties etc.
- Benefit Administration - help answer general inquiries, communicate changes and facilitate the enrolment paperwork.
- Profit Sharing / Pension Plan - coordinate paperwork i.e. enrolments, statements, request for info etc.
- Payroll - part-time Team Member payroll sheets and all payroll exceptions in regards to tracking Vacation, Personal Care Time, Worker's Compensation, pay changes & pay stub distribution etc. This will include working closely with the store leaders with scheduling and tracking of attendance.
- Performance Reviews - Ensures all team Performance Reviews are completed in time by facilitating paperwork and regular follow up with the store leaders.
- Team Member files - Maintain accurate and comprehensive personnel records, ensure that all paper work is filed correctly and that Team Development receives copies for the Team Member's master files at Home Office.
- Uniform Administration – coordinate and order Team Uniform as per company guidelines.
- Training - Helps coordinate all internal and external Training including application forms for outside training, Royal Service School etc., admission of exams i.e. Hydraulics, tracking of training requirements.
- Work with leaders and Team Development to ensure every Team Member receives a thorough orientation and all paperwork is completed.
- Safety – learn and support all company safety policies and procedures, provide clerical support to the safety committee, ensure that the monthly inspections are completed by the committee, ensure monthly safety meetings are taking place, follow up /communicate on any outstanding safety items/issues, ensure MSDS sheets are up to date, ensure that a section of each monthly team meeting talks about safety, Ensure the team leader completes the quarterly safety inspection. Assist with submission of incident reporting & updates. Maintain H&S board.
- Team Member Scheduling - Work closely with the Leaders to ensure the Team Schedule is posted two weeks in advance.
- Finance/Loss Prevention- Ensure all Finance and Loss Prevention procedures and processes are followed at the store level (i.e. invoicing, RSN's, petty cash, L.P. Guide, etc.).
- Ensure all Paperwork required by Finance is sent into Home Office by the dates required (i.e. cash summaries, bank deposits, invoices, credit applications, RSN's, C-Cheques, etc.).
- Other Duties - Office Supplies - Help stock office and team supplies (i.e. janitorial, toner, store tags, forms, coffee, first aid, etc.).
- Bank runs - Make daily bank runs with another Team Member.
- Coordinate contractor visits (i.e. Electrical, baler, property management, plumbing, network, etc.).
- Support for in-store marketing initiatives (i.e. Create in store flyers for events, promos & mailing list draws).
- High school diploma, GED or other equivalent.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field would be asset
- Experience in the service industry would be asset.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and comprehension.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly organized.
- Service oriented.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Computer skills
- Able to work with high degree of confidentiality
- Able to work flexible schedule shifts including days, evening, and weekends.
What our Unique World can offer you:
- Competitive wage
- Generous, company-funded, comprehensive benefits package including dental, medical, life insurance and short/long-term disability coverage.
- Profit Sharing paid out quarterly
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Company-paid leaves
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Training and personal and professional development
- Opportunities for advancement and a positive and supportive workplace
If you are interested in becoming a part of our Unique World, please click on Apply Now.