Princess Auto is a Canadian based multi-channel retailer with a global vision. We serve the home, shop, and industrial markets by providing a unique blend of quality products, services, and value based solutions to our customers through an outstanding shopping experience.
With our Home Office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, our team is over 2500 strong! We operate 46 Retail Stores from coast to coast and support our stores through 3 distribution centres.
Our strength is in our people. In fact, we call our employees “Team Members”, and our managers “Leaders”. We all work together towards a common goal: to make Princess Auto a great place to work and shop.
Overview of the Position
As a Promotion and Competition Specialist, your goal is to learn everything possible about our competitors market share, product assortments, pricing and promotional calendar. You use this knowledge to provide our Buying Teams with insights that allow them to better plan their product assortments and promotional strategies, especially as relates to our printed flyers. This includes:
- Monitoring, creating and preparing detailed competitor analysis and presenting your findings
- Reviewing competitor advertising and pricing; recording information and bringing forward noteworthy items
- Collecting and distributing competitors advertising materials; ensuring that the Buying Teams are aware of sale pricing; highlighting/escalating areas of concern
- Participating in Princess Auto printed flyer reviews
- Creating promotion summary and sending competition report for each sales event
- Collaborating with our Marketing team on annual advertising plans on behalf of the Merchandising Department
- Producing promotions summaries, price concerns, flyer themes and competitor list reports on a regular basis, including some ad hoc reporting
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or similar program
- 1 - 2 years related experience
- Self-starter who can operate with little supervision
- Organized and strong time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What our unique and fun world can offer you:
The retail world is increasingly competitive, and “standing out from the crowd” remains an ongoing challenge. At Princess Auto, we strive to be unique . . . in our product selection, our Team Members and in our Leadership. We share information. We value opinions and collaboration from all our people across the company, regardless of position or scope of responsibility and work as a collective team in a supportive environment. We strive to provide Royal Service, our high standard of serving not just our customers, but each other, and it is a philosophy we embrace and demonstrate every day. In addition, our Team Members receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Company-funded, comprehensive benefits package
- Long-term Disability coverage
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Plan
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Maternity Leave top-up plan
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and relocation
- Paid personal days
Are you ready to join us?
If you are interested in becoming a part of our unique world, please click on Apply below.
If you are a current Team Member at Princess Auto please submit a current resume along with a completed Internal Candidate Agreement form with your online application.
Princess Auto Ltd. will consult with all applicants requesting accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.