Princess Auto is a Canadian based multi-channel retailer with a global vision. We serve the home, shop, and industrial markets by providing a unique blend of quality products, services, and value based solutions to our customers through an outstanding shopping experience.
With our Home Office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, our team is over 2400 strong! We operate 43 Retail Stores from coast to coast and support our stores through 3 distribution centres.
Our strength is in our people. In fact, we call our employees “Team Members”, and our managers “Leaders”. We all work together towards a common goal: to make Princess Auto a great place to work and shop.
Overview of the Position
As a Product Marketing Copywriter you provide creative copywriting and editing support to the marketing department, specifically around product information for various sales channels. You will work with cross-functional teams including Content, Marketing, Merchandising, Ecommerce, and Sales teams to write product descriptor and marketing content for our house brands. You will also review and edit vendor content to align with our brand voice. Researching product information and trends is also an important part of the role.
- Writes clear, concise, consistent, and accurate content that communicates product details that will influence sales and achieve marketing goals
- Writes, edits and proofreads all existing and new product copy with the ability to meet timeline requirements specific to Print & Digital channels
- Communicates complex concepts and information in simplified, engaging stories/articles
- Ensures consistency of brand voice, style, tone and quality of all communication materials
- Researches trends in related markets and applies that knowledge and learning to current and future product related content
- Works with PAL teams and translators to effectively communicate product copy in French
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Creative Communication based education)
- 2 -3 years’ experience in a writing positon would be an asset
- Experience in writing for consumer product goods an asset
- Ability to switch voices with ease for multiple brands
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills
What our unique and fun world can offer you:
The retail world is increasingly competitive, and “standing out from the crowd” remains an ongoing challenge. At Princess Auto, we strive to be unique . . . in our product selection, our Team Members and in our Leadership. We share information. We value opinions and collaboration from all our people across the company, regardless of position or scope of responsibility and work as a collective team in a supportive environment. We strive to provide Royal Service, our high standard of serving not just our customers, but each other, and it is a philosophy we embrace and demonstrate every day. In addition, our Team Members receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Company-funded, comprehensive benefits package
- Long-term Disability coverage
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Plan
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Maternity Leave top-up plan
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and relocation
- Paid personal days
Are you ready to join us?
If you are interested in becoming a part of our unique world, please click on Apply below.
If you are a current Team Member at Princess Auto please submit a current resume along with a completed Internal Candidate Agreement form with your online application.
Princess Auto Ltd. will consult with all applicants requesting accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.