Delivery Driver Career Opportunity!
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is currently looking for Delivery Drivers for our store in Medicine Hat, AB located at #115-1921 Strachan Rd SE.
As a Delivery Driver with Ashley you will be responsible for working as part of a team to provide exceptional delivery service to our guests.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies
- This position has a wage increase of $0.50 after 3 months, 6 months & 1 year.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Safely and efficiently perform loading and unloading activities
- Deliver product to customer’s home providing exceptional customer service and assembles product(s) when required
- Complete all assigned paperwork for deliveries
- Abide by all Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations as it pertains to commercial truck Drivers.
- When not delivering product will perform various duties in the warehouse
Successful candidates will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with clean Driver’s abstract, (with air a plus)
- Criminal Record Check required
- Current driver’s abstract must be provided
- Able to lift and move heavy objects greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to speak with guests and co-workers at a conversational level in English
- Must be able to read item numbers and product descriptions on delivery paperwork
- Perform simple written paperwork recording
- 6 months to 1 year of Delivery Driver experience preferred
- Able to work in extreme temperatures
- Experience with hand tools an asset
How did we get to be the #1 retailer in North America?
With innovative marketing concepts, quality products and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, Ashley Furniture HomeStores continue to have a stream of satisfied guests who contribute to our continuous growth. But we know we couldn’t do any of this without our talented team members. Our team members are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience. Our team members make the difference!
With 12 stores located in Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan we are proud to be one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for over 10 years making us an elite member of the Platinum club. As the #1 retailer in North America and a 50 Best Managed company we have demonstrated that we have a successful past and a solid future.
Apply now !