How did we get to be the #1 retailer in North America?
With innovative marketing concepts, quality products and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, Ashley Furniture HomeStores continue to have a stream of satisfied customers who contribute to our continuous growth. But we know we couldn’t do any of this without our talented employees. Our employees are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience. Our employees make the difference!
With 12 stores located in Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan we are proud to be one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for over 10 years making us an elite member of the Platinum club. As the #1 retailer in North America and a 50 Best Managed company we have demonstrated that we have a successful past and a solid future. Plan your future with us!
We are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer/Category Manager based out of our Winnipeg Home Office located at 116 Nature Park Way.
Responsible for the administration, data maintenance and data integrity of product information in the inventory system including item numbers, pricing, and inventory to support the buying function.
- Ensure accurate data entry of all product information using data received from the Category Business Manager
- Update and maintain core manuals
- Create, research and maintain pricing information such as creating and managing price tags
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in managing inventory and storage of inventory
- Compile, organize and format reports used for weekly Sales updates including information on new products, price changes, discontinued items, etc
- Provide reports upon request to support the analysis of business plans and to assist with developing category plans
- Communicate with vendors to agree on pricing as a result of product damage
- Conduct and maintain competitive line-ups; conduct competitive shops and gather competitor information
- Other additional accountabilities/responsibilities related to brand (DFA or AFHS)
- Maintains product exclusivity lists.
- Prepares price tags for all products, including for promotional events.
- Completes product analysis for promotional events.
- Completes all proofing for advertising.
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or combination of related education and experience
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in related field
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products
- Demonstrates the company’s Core competencies
- Criminal Check required
- Supports new store openings
Ashley is committed to investing in our employees through world class training programs and a great work environment that solidify our position as an employer of choice. What do we offer?
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
Plan your Future with us!