Responsible for the efficient and courteous operation of Federated’s main switchboard. Greets all clients and visitors in a friendly professional manner and projects a favorable Company image at all times. Responsible for all aspects of switchboard schedules and call handling.
- Ensures all incoming calls are answered promptly.
- Records all messages accurately or offers the caller the option of voice mail.
- Answers all calls with a warm pleasant greeting.
- Directs sensitive calls to the proper person for handling.
- Immediately responds to all visitors approaching the reception area.
- Punctual attendance.
- Ensures a schedule is published when reliefs are required.
- Handles all necessary training of relief operators.
- Ensures back-up operators are in place to handle unexpected absences and that contact phone numbers are readily available when off site.
- Prepares and monitors Security Tags.
- Looks after Federated log in book/Visitor tags.
- Manages reception welcome board for visitors.
- Ensures that each individual handles their phone correctly. If reoccurring problems arise with the individual, approach their supervisor for further assistance.
- Ensures that procedures are in place and monitored to handle phones during scheduled department meetings, office absences and office visitors.
- Informs Supervisor, Technical Services when there are technical difficulties with the phone system.
- General Administration responsibilities.
- High school graduate preferably with business courses.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- General knowledge of Company operations.
- Projects a professional image at all times.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and efficient keyboarding skills are a definite asset.
- Good attendance & punctuality are critical.
- One year related experience.
Federated Insurance offers a challenging career, attractive rewards and a comprehensive Total Rewards Package.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online or submit your resume to HR@federated.ca.
We thank all that apply, however only those under consideration will be contacted.