Contract position, approximately 1 year.
Under the general direction of the Vice President Corporate Relations, your primary responsibility will be to administratively support the Vice President, Corporate Relations in a variety of areas under his direction, which include National Accounts, Association Relations, Human Resources, Corporate Training, and our Agency Company.
- Provides administrative support services to the V.P. Corporate Relations, National Accounts, Association Services Coordinators and Managers of Human Resources and Corporate Training.
- Prepares a wide assortment of moderately complex documents and reports using word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software. Formats, proofreads and edits for errors.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, internally and with outside facilities, handling all appropriate arrangements including preparation of meeting notices and agendas, equipment set-up, refreshments, room reservations, and taking minutes.
- Draft letters and makes recommendations regarding improvements to letters and handwritten copy.
- Coordinates monthly and quarterly reports.
- Receives sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence and other mail using judgment in selecting the appropriate method of handling.
- Orders and verifies monthly promotional allowance reports.
- Creates and maintains budget items, association expenses and association rosters.
- Assists National Accounts team with their responsibilities so as to effectively maximize their use of time.
- Provides timely information from the client to appropriate team member.
- Clerical responsibilities as required.
- High school graduate with formal secretarial or administrative assistant training.
- 4-5 years of progressive administrative/secretarial experience.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential and sensitive aspects of the position with discretion and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Projects a professional image at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a flexible environment.
- Licensed in Commercial Lines Insurance.
- Sound Time-Management skills.
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HR@federated.ca quoting the job reference number in the subject line. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.