TransX Group of Companies is the largest provider of premier integrated transportation and logistics services across North America. With 9 locations across Canada and the USA, 2600 team members and over 4000 trucks and trailers, our team is dedicated to building strong business relationships and providing service excellence to support our customer’s business needs.
TransX team members demonstrate a high level of initiative, commitment to customer service excellence, passion for providing innovative solutions and achieving results. As an industry leading company in the transportation and logistics industry and one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, TransX supports team members in achieving their potential, and values relationships build on trust, respect and integrity. Our goal to be the best begins with employing the best, that’s why TransX is dedicated to recruiting, retaining and developing the best employees in the industry.
For more information visit www.transx.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
TransX has an exciting opportunity for an afternoon Dock Foreman in our New Westminster terminal. The Dock Foreman is responsible for all aspects of supervision and direction of the Dock operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and damage free.
- Manage the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure all employees follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly investigate and report all safety incidents and violations in a timely manner.
- Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
The shift is Monday to Friday, 1:00 pm to 10:00pm
The successful candidate must have 1 to 3 years of experience in a Dock Operations role, along with the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with computers and materials handling equipment is essential
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment (approx 32 degree temps)
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent squatting
- Frequent twisting and bending
- Frequent opening and closing of dock doors
- Occasional lifting/pushing/dragging of product for order auditing purposes (60 pounds of force)
Previous Supervisory experience is considered a strong asset.
TransX Group of Companies provides you with the opportunity to grow and develop your career in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. We offer on site cafeteria, free parking, and an employee lounge for kicking back during your rest breaks, service recognition awards, discount on gym memberships, social club and community focused activities along with a comprehensive benefits package.
If you have a passion for results and want to grow your career with a dynamic and growing industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the apply button below.
TransX is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the individual and collective growth of our employees and a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only be contacting applicants being considered.