Finance & Accounting
Positions within the finance & accounting division are accountable for the overall planning, accounting and reporting, asset and liability management and for establishing and monitoring interest rates, product pricing, and credit and enterprise risk management. Duties may also include accountability for collections, fixed asset acquisition and control, purchase or lease of premises and equipment, property management and maintenance, insurance and security.
Examples of positions found within this division:
Executive Vice-President, Finance
• As a member of the senior management team, S/He provides overall leadership and input to strategy, business direction, and operational plans in the areas of finance and accounting, facilities and procurement, credit risk and enterprise risk management.
Director, Commercial Credit
• Retains accountability for managing risk in the commercial credit granting processes throughout the organization and ensures all credit activities are in compliance with the credit union’s policies and procedures.
Collection Account Manager
• Responsible for minimizing potential credit losses of all defaulted mortgages, SBLA loans in the Collection Department including commercial and community loans deemed uncollectible by retail branches. In addition to minimizing potential credit losses through effective handling of collections for all branches, this position oversees the administration of all foreclosed properties and repossessed chattels, residential and commercial properties.
• Responsible for providing accurate and timely accounting information and reporting that is used by management and the board of directors for planning, budgeting, and assessing organizational performance and direction.
• Responsible for providing accounting support to the credit union by preparing accurate and timely accounting/financial reports.
• Responsible for providing accounting support to the credit union by preparing accurate and timely processing of reconciliations, payables, and other transactions.
If this area is of interest to you, please submit your resume online for future consideration.
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work.