PART TIME Member Service Representative/Teller - Winnipeg branches - (Minimum of 15 hours to Maximum of 30 hours, depending on branch requirements)
We are currently recruiting for individuals who are specifically looking for a part- time Member Service Representative (TELLER) position. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who wants a career at Assiniboine Credit Union, without having to work full-time hours.
The Part time MSR is flexible to work Saturdays as well as extended hours on Thursday and Friday if required. The weekly hours will be a minimum of 15 hours, depending on the branch location and business requirements.
Reporting to the Manager, Member Service, the Member Service Representative follows a program of education and skills development to acquire products and services knowledge, member service skills to accurately and efficiently provide transactional service to all members. The Member Service Representative's responsibilities include answering members' questions regarding credit union products and services and referring those members requiring additional advice or assistance to other specialists within the credit union.
- Greeting and serving all members in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring that credit union service standards are being met or exceeded at all times.
- Providing transactional service to members by accurately processing deposits, withdrawals, loan and utility payments, money orders and credit card advances, cheque cashing etc.
- Soliciting new members and contribute to overall business development through service excellence, product knowledge and quality referrals.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all branch deposit-oriented products, services and competitors’ offerings by reviewing literature and attending product updates regularly.
- Maintaining confidentiality when dealing with transactions, ensuring that member information is kept private and secure.
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of credit union policies and procedures on internal control and risk management.
- Observing all credit union policies and security requirements for cash custody and safe guarding, frauds and forgeries and hold-up procedures.
- Contributing to the achievement of branch sales and service targets and marketing plans.
- Actively participating in regular staff meetings.
- Maintaining familiarity with the credit union’s history, mission statement, objectives and its role within the community.
Interested candidates should have a grade twelve diploma in addition to excellent interpersonal skills, mathematic and computer skills, and experience in cash handling, customer service, and/or sales. Previous banking experience is an asset.
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work.