SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Sales; this position sells and markets heating products and systems to the oil and gas arena. Conducts business in accordance with company practices and policies, promoting Phillips & Temro Industries’ public image.
RESPONSIBIITIES AND DUTIES:
· Oversees and performs sales and application activities for heating systems design and installation with key accounts. Maintains business relationships with established clients, and presents them with opportunities for increasing sales of Arctic Fox products and services.
· Manages specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, product & fluid heating system designs, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product reliability and performance testing.
· Assists and investigates product patentability studies.
· Reviews products & heating systems designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements including related specifications.
· Develops and documents bills of material requirements and specifications for off-line manufacturing activities in order to meet customer requirements.
· Comfortable sourcing, cold calling and meeting with potential new customers that may result in long sales cycles.
· Communicates with customer through cost managed business trips to their location, via telephone, and correspondence to maintain cordial relations; to conduct sales and product meetings and promote sales of company products.
· Responsible for collaborating with the PTI engineers in their day to day tasks under the direction of Director of Engineering.
· Responsible for maintaining current business and acquiring new business opportunities with assigned OE customers through attendance at pertinent industry events.
· Investigate complaints and product concerns with appropriate company department to ensure corrective actions. Must have close association and communication with Engineering and QC departments.
· Liaise between Customer engineering and PTI engineering as well as other departments within the customer’s organization.
· Assist in the collection of delinquent or past due accounts.
· Responsible for developing the cost build up of new part numbers and works with finance and senior leadership to develop a pricing strategy for new product launches at key accounts.
· Responsible for completion of “Request for Quotation” and project development schedules.
· Ability to travel extensively, both domestic and international. Up to 70% travel required to attend trade shows and following up leads. Travel includes prudent use of company resources with deliberate travel/call plans prior to scheduled trips.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to build and present clear and concise PowerPoint customer presentations with strong persuasive skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality.
· Ability to use PC and widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), Lotus Notes.
· Ability to learn new software packages as necessary.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering data and drawings
· Ability to understand the basics of thermodynamics and calculate BTU’s and heat rise estimates for heating systems.
· Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
· Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
· Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company).
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office/Factory environment, Travel (up to 40%)
Education: Engineering or Business Degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: 2 - 5 years experience in sales and service in industrial, automotive or fleet product.
Education: Engineering or Business Degree with honors from an accredited college or university.
Experience: 5+ years progressive experience in Sales demonstrating strong problem-solving abilities & excellent communication skills as well as self motivation. Strong computer skills. Expertise in the area of diesel fired engines and coolant heaters, fluid dynamics, mechanical components and systems.
Phillips and Temro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.