Plastics Injection Mold Set-Up Technician
- Install dies on machine according to work order specifications
- Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures
- Assisting in modification of existing molding procedures
- Positions, aligns, and secures assembled mold, mold components, and machine accessories onto machine press bed, and attaches connecting lines
- Utilizing and understanding all applicable subcomponents of the production order packet
- Responsible for molding machine set up including ancillary equipment as related to the molding process
- Follow and document process parameters to ensure repeatable results
- Perform mold changes and maintenance of molding machines
- Insert changes to molds
- Process molding parameters to achieve quality parts and optimized cycle times
- Use troubleshooting skills to improve and develop repeatable molding processes
- Address unacceptable reject levels
- Respond to machine alarms in a timely manner
- Responsible for proper handling and care of all materials, molds and tooling
- Responsible for clear and consistent communication between shifts
- Responsible for the continuous operation of production equipment
- Responsible for backup in the absence of the Sr. Plastics Mold Engineer
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness of company goals and objectives
1. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in injection molding setup and processing.
2. Ideal candidate has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within mold making.
3. Experience working in fast pace, high change environment, with limited supervision: self starter.
4. Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization and follow up skills.
5. Possess leadership skills and ability to be led in a manner that is healthy to our positive and productive work environment.
6. Emphasizes personal and professional growth. Keeps knowledge and skills current.
7. Must rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks.
8. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English.
9. Be able to work under time pressure and prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
10. Be able to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude daily and under deadlines.
11. Be able to perform basic physical tasks such as lifting 50lbs, reading, nimbleness of hands for typing and writing.
Phillips and Temro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.