***Phillips & Temro is offering a $5000 signing bonus for this position. Principals only***
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Vice President of Manufacturing or designate; provide engineering support for new product startups, continuous improvement, waste reduction, problem solving, and cost reduction activities in support of company goals and objectives. Conduct business in accordance with company practices & policies in order to promote Phillips & Temro Industries’ public image.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Champion projects to improve throughput, yield and ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through automation, error proofing, and waste reductions.
· Develop plant area expertise and provide skilled troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams. Provide leadership in new product launches and continuous improvement efforts.
· Provide project management by identifying, justifying, and submitting capital project documentation for approval, and coordinating the purchasing, installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to release to production.
· Participate in problem solving and development teams and work as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering. Participate in APQP teams representing the plant.
· Provide leadership in safe plant operations. Participate on safety or ergonomics committee to provide input and solutions in problematic areas.
· Generate, maintain, and monitor process operating parameters, capacity and utilization data, routing and bills of material information, as well as TS16949 manufacturing and production documentation.
· Support the ISO14001 environmental efforts during the engineering design and improvement process.
· Provide supervision for production and skilled trades, draftsmen, students, or junior engineers as may be delegated.
Quality Systems TS 16949
Customer Specific Requirements
Technical Print Reading
Problem Solving Root cause analysis, Corrective Action/ Preventative Action, 8D
Computer Skills Excel
SAP or equivalent
Pro-E or equivalent
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office & plant environments
· Supervised by: Vice President of Manufacturing/or designate
· Type of Supervision received: Limited
· Supervises (# of incumbents and job titles): n/a
· Other contacts: Interaction with production staff, supplier management, maintenance, tool room, development engineers, and management. Team environment. High degree of contact with suppliers, customers, and sister companies.
Education: Graduate Engineer or Technologist from an accredited university or college.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in areas of Engineering.
Mature, energetic, well disciplined, creative individual with excellent hands on experience in a manufacturing plant who can work with minimum supervision. Willingness to work as a member of a team and take on a leadership role when necessary.
Phillips and Temro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.