General Laborer – Silencer Division
The position of General Laborer is an entry level position into the plant. The person selected for this position must be flexible and open to change in their day to day responsibilities as their job duties may vary. This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to get additional experience in welding and fabrication with the possibility for advancement.
- To meet and/or exceed standards for safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping and attendance
- Assist skilled trades in support of daily production requirements
- General facility cleaning and maintenance
- Proficient in the use of tools such as tape measures, levels, squares, manual and power tools, forklifts and cranes to assemble to stated requirements
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation
- Welding equipment maintenance
- Work in accordance with ISO9000:2000 and ISO 14000 requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
High school diploma or GED
Strong work ethic and attitude
Ability to lift up to 100 lbs at times
Basic Math and Reading Skills
Experience in welding and/or fabrication a plus
Phillips and Temro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.