We are currently looking for an energetic, customer focused, goal oriented individual to join our Alliance Seed team as the Production Manager. Reporting to the General Manager of Alliance Seed, the Production Manager is primarily accountable for developing, implementing, and managing Seed Production strategies which align to the Alliance Seed financial budget. In addition to the seed production function, a strong sales focus is required for driving incremental sales of Alliance Seed products via our seed grower and retail partners.
- Executing the seed production strategy for Alliance Seed portfolio of products in western Canada
- Manage the seed production plan including grower contracts, data management, pricing, and inventory management
- Secure required production acres, maximize yield, minimize freight costs, and deliver high quality pedigreed seed
- Collectively with the General Manager, develop the 3-5 year production plan and budget to support the sales goals.
- Accountable for customer relations and corporate goal achievement within the defined territory.
- Experience in the Pedigree Seed Industry and/or Agricultural Sales is required. A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness/Commerce is desired.
- Strong understanding of agribusiness and crop production in western Canada.
- Highly developed customer skills with a proven ability to develop strong business relationships.
- Self-starter with ability to sustain a professional growth strategy while working independently.
- Proven problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Ability to perform crop scouting and conduct field tours with seed grower partners and farmer customers.
- This position is home-office based; travel within assigned geographic territory is required (up to 50% of time).
- Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits.
- Competitive employer RRSP matching contribution.
- Company Vehicle.
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs.
- Ability to work from home.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
Application deadline: This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/
Alliance Seed is proud to be a 100% Canadian owned seed company. We are unique as one of the only Canadian seed companies with a direct link to crop input retailing, grain handling and merchandising, and value-added processing sector, giving us direct links to both farmer and end use customers. Our owners, Parrish & Heimbecker, Paterson Grain, and Northwest Terminal have roots dating back over 100 years in the agriculture industry. We work closely with our farmer customers, our shareholders and their end use customers, our seed grower partners, and our genetics suppliers to deliver our STRONG VIGOROUS DEPENDABLE portfolio of wheat, barley, oats, flax and peas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.