Marketing & Business Analyst – Summer Student (Winnipeg, MB)
Paterson GlobalFoods currently has an opportunity for a detail oriented, self-motivated Summer Student to fill the term role of Marketing & Business Analyst (June to September). Reporting to the Chief Corporate Development Officer, this individual will provide accurate and sound financial and business analysis on assigned projects in a timely manner. Acting as an interface between Corporate Development and Business Managers of Paterson’s subsidiaries and divisions, you will work on projects that involve growing and/or developing existing business units, customer cold calling, as well as identifying and/or analyzing new investment opportunities. This role is best suited for someone who has strong analytical skills, the ability to make decisions/recommendations and can work in a fast paced environment.
- Work with business units to develop marketing programs/materials and pursue new markets;
- Perform market research and model future business opportunities as assigned;
- Conduct analysis and forecasting of expected business unit performance under various scenarios and base assumptions;
- Prepare presentations on specific projects &/or general presentations for both internal and external audiences;
- Assist in researching, writing, and presenting information for the press, website, promotional, advertising and other marketing materials;
- Source and cold call potential customers and other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a degree or diploma business program (B.Comm, Business Administration);
- 1+ years related experience;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook;
- Working knowledge of Adobe software products;
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Solid sourcing skills and the ability to do cold calling;
- Ag background considered an asset.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/ before Friday, June 26, 2020.
Paterson GlobalFoods Inc. is a family-owned corporation with holdings in Western Canada. Established in 1908, the company has a long history in Canada and currently operates several subsidiaries and divisions within the grain, food and transportation industries. PGF strives to exceed our customer’s expectations through a commitment to quality, innovation, and personalized service.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.