Maintenance Manager – Winnipeg, MB
Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just West of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson GlobalFoods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing and executing all aspects of facility maintenance to ensure production equipment operate at maximum efficiency and output. This role is responsible for developing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program that will align with safety standards for employees and food products. Supervising, training, and mentoring members of the Maintenance Department is essential as well as managing and reporting on performance.
- Develop preventative maintenance programs to ensure optimal plant performance. Implement a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responsible for improving asset utilization, uptime, and production throughput by implementing proven maintenance and reliability improvement.
- Develop, lead, and coach a team, making decisions about talent, performance, and discipline.
- Site lead for utility system management - to include, but not limited to, natural gas and biomass boilers for steam generation, electrical, water, wastewater systems, heating and cooling Systems, Industrial Gasses and Compressed Air.
- Prioritize maintenance tasks, track maintenance labor hours, and hold team members accountable for their performance.
- Protect the health and safety of employees by establishing proper safety guidelines and training.
- Supervises ordering and receiving of all maintenance parts and equipment so that all equipment is kept in operational condition. Optimize parts inventory while mitigating risks to operation.
- As a member of the plant leadership team, actively participate in capital projects, take part in the planning to ensure proper equipment selection and lead new equipment installations.
- Negotiate service and contractual agreements and monitor performance of contractors and service personnel for repairs and installations as needed.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner compliant with ISO 9001:2015 standards as well as the food safety standards established by CFIA, FDA and GFSI. Fosters continuous improvement to maintain GFSI certification.
- Responsible for departmental budgeting, capital and utility budgeting for the facility, process improvement initiatives, and infrastructure planning and installations including building, equipment, and utilities (gas, steam, electric, water and sewer)
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- 4+ years’ experience in Industrial Maintenance Management.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or a related field, or Inter-Provincial Tradesperson ticket (Industrial Mechanic, Industrial Electrician, Power Engineer, etc.)
- Experience in milling, food processing, and packaging equipment highly valued, along with thorough knowledge of GMP's and requirements of Safety and Food Safety
- Working knowledge of industry regulations - local, provincial, Federal - Environmental, Safety, and Quality
- Experience with 24/7 Operations - willingness to adapt and/or have flexibility
- Experience working with a computerized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is preferable
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website http://careers.patersonglobalfoods.com/
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.