Head Miller – Winnipeg, MB
Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just West of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson GlobalFoods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
This role is responsible for milling operations to ensure production efficiencies are met while maintaining safety and quality requirements. The ability to identify and solve problems is key to developing a continuous improvement culture. Supervising, training, and mentoring members of the Milling Department is essential as well as managing and reporting on performance.
- Overall responsibility for milling operations with focus on safety, quality, maximum yield and productivity.
- Train employees and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Continually seeks out improvements and utilizes best practice modeling.
- Establishes and reinforces safety practices. Works with management on continued development of Health and Safety programs and procedures.
- Set an example for safety and ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
- Proactively engages in employee development, team building, and the continuous improvement of methods, processes, and systems.
- Participate in safety audits (food and employee) and prioritize any required actions. Ensures milling operations is constantly meeting internal and external standards for safety and sanitation.
- Coordinates production schedules of department and products.
- Proactively leads and supports operational excellence and new product development initiatives.
- Investigates non-conformance issues and conducts root cause analysis and related preventative measures.
- 5+ years’ experience in grain milling production supervision.
- Preferred post-secondary education in Engineering, Milling Science, or a related field
- Strong skills in leadership, problem solving, communication (oral and written) and organization.
- Knowledge of industry regulations - local, provincial, Federal - Environmental, Safety, and Quality.
- Experience with 24/7 Operations - willingness to adapt and/or have flexibility
- Experience working with a computerized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is preferable
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and personal days.
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.