Grain Summer Students (Manitoba) – Summer 2021
We are currently looking for motivated, hands-on students to join our Paterson Grain teams across Manitoba. As a Grain Summer Student you will serve as part of the daily operations, marketing and administrative team at a Paterson Grain terminal. Reporting to the Terminal Manager, you will be responsible for assisting and shadowing various staff at the location, with a view to ensuring quality in the handling and delivery of Paterson Grain products and services.
Current opportunities located in:
What you’ll do:
- Assist with facility operations including general maintenance, facility functions and limitations, truck unloading, rail car shipping and grain cleaning;
- Understand Quality Control factors and how they relate to binning and shipping procedures;
- Work closely with Marketing Manager in commodity contracting, customer relations and understanding competitive programs in the area;
- Support the Logistics Coordinator in organizing farm deliveries with required shipments;
- Assist administration with customer service and processing of grain purchases, contracts and general reports required;
- Understand the ISO 22000 food safety program as it relates to customers and operations;
- Learn and understand safety requirement for operational procedures;
- Learn & assist with crop operations as required (if applicable) and other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Ag Business, Agronomy or related discipline;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Organized and self-motivated;
- Students with a focus on Agricultural degree or diploma;
- Farming/agricultural background would be considered an asset.
This position offers an attractive compensation package and an opportunity for professional growth in an innovative and fast-paced environment. To be considered for this role, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/ .
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.