Oversees front counter customer service for Winnipeg One Service Dept. Maintains ‘big picture’ view of customer requirements & commitments and coordinates staff to meet promised timelines while generating reasonable profits for Maxim.
- Ensures timely customer service especially for internal Maxim customers (i.e. R & L, Sales). Coordinates the flow of units in the Drive-thru bay, ensuring the majority of units are diagnosed prior to beginning repair. Delegates work and relays job status to Service Coordinators on day, evening, and weekend shifts, ensuring all necessary information is communicated across shifts. Acts as liaison between the shop and customer, in conjunction with the Scheduler and/or Foreman regarding appointments, timelines, and completion of work. Runs three daily stand-up meetings. (40%)
- Performs front counter desk duties. This includes answering the phone and greeting customers; conducting vehicle intake; opening, updating and closing of repair orders; inputting comments into the service log; notifying customers when unit is ready and of any additional work or changes in completion times; collects COD payments. (40%)
- Reviews service log and repair orders to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, calls customers regarding parts that have arrived, books in future appointments, and coordinates pick-up and delivery of units. Also handles escalated customer complaints. (20%)
- Other duties as assigned such as calling customers to solicit business during slow periods and communicating new or modified work processes specific to the front counter that are a result of Improved Customer Employment Experience (ICEE) meetings.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years experience in a medium/heavy-duty truck service shop or related industry (trailers, auto, farm equipment) to understand repair time length, managing repair orders, and related administration
- Experience above is in a position of front counter OR shop supervisor and customer service OR be a service manager from a smaller shop (3 to 5 staff)
- Leadership abilities
- Strong commitment to the customer
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Can identify between warranty, maintenance, and damage
- Basic computer keyboarding with ability to learn in-house programs
- Excellent fact finding and analytical skills
- Organized, sets priorities, and meets deadlines
- Ability to work with interruptions and multi-task
- Exposure to a central billing system; knowledge of Karmak preferred
- Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
Hours are Monday to Friday, 3:30 pm to 12:00 pm.