MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS GENERALIST (120413)
Manager, Marketing Services
The Marketing Communications Generalist will provide communications expertise, copywriting and editorial services in support of corporate marketing strategies and branding initiatives. Participates in the development, planning and implementation of corporate marketing and communications programs, and monitors/tracks the effectiveness of these programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides communications expertise, content development, copywriting and editorial services in support of corporate marketing strategies and branding initiatives which will include marketing collateral, brochures, direct mail pieces, website, print, client presentations, speeches, posters, reports, fact sheets, news releases, message-on-hold scripts, newsletters, advertising, general correspondence and other specialized materials.
- Participates in the development, planning and implementation of corporate marketing and communications programs supporting organizational initiatives and strategies.
- Coordinates the delivery of external communication campaigns.
- Ensures that communication materials are delivered to the appropriate audiences in meaningful and relevant ways through print, web and speeches/presentations.
- Exchanges ideas, information and opinions within the Division to find innovative ways to reinforce brand recognition, develop best practices and introduce effective solutions to achieve print and web communications objectives.
- Participates in the introduction of new products and/or product modifications by providing communication materials and support.
- Researches, develops and writes content for publications and the corporate website by working in close consultation with other departments.
- Assists the Web Designer/Developer to ensures Internet content is current by writing and editing materials specifically for this media, and coordinates the prompt posting of other newly created or revised pieces. Ensures consistency of messaging.
- Attends meetings, conducts one-on-one interviews, researches issues and respectfully asks probing questions to gather the information necessary to write effective, factual and informative material.
- Understands how to develop communication strategies and media releases.
- Monitors and tracks the effectiveness of marketing and communications programs.
- Provides support (including writing press releases, backgrounders and information packages) to assist in media relations.
- Researches publicity opportunities in print and online media; developing articles and case studies to submit to these media outlets.
- Delivers copywriting support to a number of internal clients, ensuring that all communication pieces incorporate key messages and reflect the strategic intention and institutional brand and may edit material written by other staff and work with authors as required for grammar, style, relevance and readability.
- Supports communications and event management for meetings and other events.
- Prepares speeches for Manitoba Blue Cross employees as required.
- Assists in the creation of presentation materials and other written correspondence.
- Participates in the preparation of the Corporate Annual Review. Responsible for coordinating concept development, research, writing, design, photography, editorial review, printing and timely delivery.
- Participates in editorial planning of key publications and ensures that they are written, assembled and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Supports MMSF marketing and communications initiatives.
- Liaises with Corporate Resources to enhance corporate internal communications.
- Works with formal and informal teams to ensure marketing communications are delivered consistently within the agreed upon strategy.
- Ensures all materials, advertisements, etc. use the Blue Cross logo in accordance with the standards set out by the CABCP.
- May contribute to the development and/or maintenance of user documentation and training manuals.
- Assists in the coordination of trade shows, community oriented projects and other special promotional projects and events.
- Assists with additional communication and marketing duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferably with a communications focus and/or corporate communications diploma. Minimum 3-years’ corporate communications experience. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven experience with successfully designing and implementing marketing and communication plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional report writing and presentation skills.
- Enhanced copy editing, and proof reading skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-directed, with exceptional organizational skills and a proven record of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks within varied and dynamic timelines on an ongoing basis.
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and adaptable, with a focuses on “doing” versus “managing” in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborative aptitude. Open to peer review and constructive feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, assess and to provide options and make recommendations. Exercises sound judgment.
- Proficient computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with HTML, web-based advertising and communications tools.
- Understanding of marketing and brand management principles an asset.
- Previous experience in public relations or marketing environment an asset.
- Experience in the life insurance and health benefits industry an asset.
Manitoba Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter, indicating compensation expectations, by April 22, 2013.