CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Term Position to December 27, 2013 (070313)
Supervisor, Customer Service
INFORMATION CENTRE HOURS
8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
HOURS OF WORK:
Hours to be determined. May be required to assist and work in the Customer Service Centre.
The incumbent shall respond to diverse and complex inquiries from customers by telephone. The incumbent requires extensive knowledge of all of the company’s products and the knowledge of administrative practices relating to company procedures. Superior customer service skills are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responds to customer inquiries regarding enrollment and billing procedures.
· Responds to customer inquiries for coverage information about the Travel Health Plan, Medi-Blue Plan, Plus Plan, and Employer Group Plans, which include Ambulance/ Hospital Semi-Private, Extended Health Benefits, Employee Travel Health Benefits, Employee Travel Health Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Dental Service Plan, Health Spending Accounts and Vision Care.
· Responds to customer inquiries for information about claims procedures and claims payments for the Travel Health Plan, Medi-Blue Plan, Plus Plan and Employer Group Plans, which includes Ambulance/Hospital Semi-Private, Extended Health Benefits, Employee Travel Health Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Dental Service Plan, Health Spending Accounts and Vision Care.
· Arranges Bonds of Indemnity for lost or stolen cheques, order statement(s) of benefits, process or forward requests for address changes and identification cards for subscribers to the appropriate department.
· Confirms coverage, explains benefits and checks for processed claims for dental offices, hospitals, physiotherapists, private duty nurses, chiropodists, clinical psychologists, etc.
· Accurately completes record an inquiry ticket for each call received and to accurately complete forms and memos.
· Promotes and sells by telephone Travel Health products and Individual Health Products.
· Assists customers with on-line inquiries received through our email system.
· Continually receives extensive, ongoing training.
· Accepts and passes on customer suggestions and complaints about all aspects of Blue Cross, including billing and enrollment, claims, products and/or benefits.
· Passes on possible leads for group health business to the Sales Department.
· Remains current and knowledgeable about benefits, which are provided by the Provincial Health Care Plan, particularly in respect to prescription drugs, travel health and vision care.
· Prepares for and deals effectively with customers who contact our office following radio programs, newspaper articles, mass mailings, etc.
· Maintains records relative to the operation of the area that shall assist in improving the service and communication with the public.
· Assists the Customer Service Centre as required.
· Assists in directing customers to the appropriate source (i.e.: Government Agency) when the information does not pertain to Blue Cross.
· Assists Travel Agents and General Agents in selling, extending and refunding Travel Health, Trip/Holiday Cancellation and the Tour Package Plan as well as explaining coverage information and claims procedures.
· Maintains an awareness of changes to employer group plans in order to respond to customer inquiries.
· On a rotational basis, may be required to perform other administrative duties such as replying to customer e-mail and voice mail queries.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
· University degree or Community College diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
· Effective listening skills.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure of time restraints.
· Flexibility, patience and resourcefulness.
· Reliability and punctuality a must.
· Ability to handle pressure.
· Good computer skills including Word, Excel and e-mail software.
· Initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
· Good problem solving and analytical ability.
· Extensive experience dealing with the public (several years a must).
· Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual – French and English.
· 2 - 5 years previous work experience in the insurance/customer service industry would be an asset.
· A second language would be an asset.
· Completion of or capable of completing industry education programs entailing a self-directed study and the writing of graded examinations. Specific programs include but are not limited to LOMA (ACS) and CEBS. Enrollment in, and completion of, such courses will be encouraged.
Note: From time to time the position can require shift changes with minimal notice.
Manitoba Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and comfortable work environment. Qualified applicants should forward a resume, indicating salary expectation, by March 19, 2013.