MITT is a post-secondary institute offering industry-driven, student-focused education in the areas of skilled trades, business and information technology, health care, and human services. We provide affordable, timely, skills-based education for learners seeking career entry as well as those looking to acquire relevant, in-demand competencies at any point in life.
Summer Student - Recruitment Assistant (Term)
2-month term to begin as soon as possible
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (35 hours/week)
Location: Henlow Campus and/or working remotely maybe required
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant and the selected candidate must be:
- between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.18 – 30 years of age and must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The Summer Student – Recruitment Assistant will assist and be supervised by the Coordinator, Student Recruitment and International Business Development and will provide support to the Coordinator with the coordination of student recruitment activities and initiatives. The Student Recruitment Assistant will assist with planning public relations events to promote and create an increased public awareness of MITT and its programs.
This position will be an online position to start. Depending on public health orders, this position may move onsite to Henlow Campus at any point in the term.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with online recruitment initiatives throughout the summer months
- Provide information to prospective students about the programs available at the Henlow, Fultz and Pembina campuses
- Distribute MITT communication materials to internal and external stakeholders
- Interact with MITT departments to ensure up-to-date program information is shared with prospective students
- Provide information to prospective applicants on programs and admission processes
- Perform web research on post-secondary institutions recruitment practices
- Research other recruitment related initiatives as directed by the Coordinator
- Utilize specialized recruitment technology as directed by the Coordinator
- Assist with the planning and preparations involved with fall recruitment events
Required and Preferred Qualifications and Experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Post-secondary education in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable using computers for research and projects
- Must have strong and reliable WiFi signal; a laptop will be provided for this position
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions. Underfills may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until position has been filled. Submit your resume and cover letter using our online application system. We are growing, come grow with us.
MITT offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits,
and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
MITT is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, applicants are asked to inform us if they require an accommodation. All information received as it relates to accommodation will be kept confidential.
MITT is committed to an employment equity practice that achieves a workforce reflective of the community at large. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time they apply.
This position requires the successful completion of a Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector.
Please do not disclose personal health information or protected personal information through the application process.