MITT is a post-secondary institute offering industry-driven, student-focused education in the areas of skilled trades, business and information technology, health care, and human services. We provide affordable, timely, skills-based education for learners seeking career entry as well as those looking to acquire relevant, in-demand competencies at any point in life.
Marketing Specialist *Reposted*
Two-year term beginning as soon as possible
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (35 hours/week)
Location: 14 Fultz and/or remotely as required
About the Cyber Security Centre of Excellence: Along with partners, MITT is building the Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CoE) to be the nexus in training, education, applied research and innovation in Western Canada’s cyber security ecosystem. It’s goal is to build the talent pipeline for cyber security with a focus on increasing diversity and inclusion in Manitoba through the delivery of industry recognized certifications. Along with creating a collaboration space for students and industry, the CoE will elevate the great reputation MITT already has in the tech sector.
The Marketing Specialist works directly with the Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CoE) team to finesse and implement the marketing and communications plan and oversee daily quality control in execution. This individual assists in promoting CoE initiatives in support of the over-arching goal. This role works with the CoE team and contractors to develop the marketing, promotions, and communications strategy, organizes the development and implementation of the plan, and oversees quality control. The incumbent will prepare relevant communications and identify/manage service providers and communication channels that support the objectives of the project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements an integrated marketing and communications strategy.
- Measures and evaluates success of campaigns, reporting on outcomes, and providing recommendations for revisions/adjustments to the plan (evidence-based).
- Create interesting, fun, educational content for the CoE on both mainstream and social media to augment posts by social media contractor.
- Monitor social media and web site analytics and adjust messaging and content accordingly.
- Engage online, via email and in-person (when health measures allow) with community partners on an on-going basis to gain access to broader networks.
- Share relevant partner information on social media and on web site when appropriate.
- Track and report on social media engagement and month-over-month gains.
- Manage the service, quality, and performance of third party marketing and communications providers and vendors.
- Review and update content for CoE web pages on a regular basis including upcoming events, announcements etc.
- Refresh content and optimize for search engines and lead generation.
- Monitor web traffic and develop creative ways to drive more visitors to our web site.
- Track and report month-over-month gains.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Post-Secondary education preferably in Marketing, Communications or a similar area
- Minimum 3 years of directly related marketing experience
- Experience handling digital assets (i.e. social media, basic website editing)
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations preferred
- Basic understanding or experience in recording and editing audio files is preferred
- Experience in a post-secondary environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of Manitoba’s cyber security industry is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to deadlines.
- Technology savvy and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic competency of Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions. Underfills may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 14, 2021. Submit your resume and cover letter using our online application system. We are growing, come grow with us.
MITT offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits,
and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
MITT is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, applicants are asked to inform us if they require an accommodation. All information received as it relates to accommodation will be kept confidential.
This position requires the successful completion of a Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector.
Please do not disclose personal health information or protected personal information through the application process.