MITT is a post-secondary institute offering industry-driven, student-focused education in the areas of skilled trades, business and information technology, health care, and human services. We provide affordable, timely, skills-based education for learners seeking career entry as well as those looking to acquire relevant, in-demand competencies at any point in life.
Casual Instructors, English Language Centre
Location: Erin Campus or Scurfield Campus and/or remotely, as required
MITT is seeking is seeking energetic and knowledgeable casual instructors for it's English Language program. The hours of work are as required, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Click here to learn more about English Language Centre.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Holds a Canada TESL certificate from an institution recognized by TESL Canada.
- A degree in a related field.
- Holds, or is working on obtaining, Introduction to Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA) for Classroom Instructors from Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks.
- Active member of a professional ESL organization, such as TESLMB or other TESL Canada approved organizations.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Adult education skills and experience.
- Experience working in an IRCC funded language program for newcomers.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions. Underfills may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Submission deadline is ongoing. Submit your cover letter and resume using our online application system. We are growing, come grow with us.
MITT offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits,
and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
MITT is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, applicants are asked to inform us if they require an accommodation. All information received as it relates to accommodation will be kept confidential.
This position requires the successful completion of a Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector.
Please do not disclose personal health information or protected personal information through the application process.