HyLife in Windom Minnesota a division of the Hylife organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Production Supervisor-Cut Floor-AM located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
When you join our team, your main responsibilities as a Production Supervisor will include:
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a group of hourly and salary manufacturing associates.
- Oversees product according to established production schedule.
- Ensure that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Adjusts manning at 'tables' to accommodate different products, ensures that proper product is being produced according to schedule and consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and yield standards are met.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors all work areas for cleanliness and ensures that product contamination is kept to a minimum.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Assures that all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instructions.
- Oversees training/ cross training of assigned staff, appraises performance and initiates discipline process.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by reporting policy infractions to HR and being involved with taking appropriate disciplinary actions. Performs accident investigations.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a Production Supervisor, you will be required to have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years' prior pork plant supervisory experience and leadership skills in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of meat processing industry, yields, and production processes.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- General knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety regulations.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, kneel, crouch, grasp, lift, talk and hear.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled