HyLife in Windom Minnesota a division of the Hylife organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Industrial Mechanic located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
The rotation is based on a 3on-2off-2on shift schedule from (AM-Shift) 5:00am-5:00pm & (PM-Shift) 5:00pm-5:00am.
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing complex production equipment with minimal supervision
- Enhancing equipment performance, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Working from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
- Troubleshooting and identifying mechanical/electrical problems
- Operating production equipment and checking performance as required
- Performing PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Proficiently using computerized maintenance management system
- Ensuring all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Journeymen ticket for industrial millwright or industrial mechanic. Other schooling, training or experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of conveyors, industrial pumps and compressors, grinders, welding equipment, electrical and electronic controls, lathes and machining tools, power tools, fans and blowers, hydraulic systems and high-speed packaging equipment
- Strong decision making, problem solving troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-functional team with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written English communication skills required
- Working in various environments and exposure to chemicals
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office as well as an ability to adapt to other software applications
- Strong focus on food safety and workplace safety
- Must attach a Resume to be considered
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of a team with international reach, apply today at http://hylife.com/current-opportunities/
For more information about Windom, MN: https://windom-mn.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This organization Participates in E-Verify