HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
HyLife in Windom Minnesota a division of the HyLife Organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Human Resources Manager located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide facility supervisors and managers with advice and counsel on personnel issues
- Administer unemployment claims, attend unemployment hearings
- Ensure regulatory compliance with ADA, FMLA, EEOC, etc. Stay current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR
- Propose, publish and administer personnel policies
- Administer all employee relations issues. Process and implement formal disciplinary action of employees, initiate termination procedures and terminate employees as needed
- Prepare and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
- Respond to any questions and/or requests by governmental agencies, including employee complaints. Represent the company at hearings
- Establish, evaluate and maintain departmental reports and key indicators. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Direct local benefits administration, enrollment and open enrollment meetings
- Supervise staff of HR employees
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Oversees the payroll department
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Three to five years of progressive human resource professional experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of general personnel practices including recruiting, selection, EEO/AA, and counseling
- Thorough knowledge of Company structure, operations, products, policies and procedures.?
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Continuous improvement
- Presentation skills
- Planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency
- Must attach Resume to be considered
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of a team with international reach, apply today at http://hylife.com/current-opportunities/
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This Organization Participates in E-Verify