HyLife Foods a division of the HyLife organization, engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets is seeking a Production Planning Manager to join the team. To sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position is based at the operations in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
The Production Planning Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities through maintaining short term production requirements and forecasting. Working in a fast paced, highly collaborative hands-on environment, the Production Planning Manager will balance production and inventory levels with demand to support inventory targets, customer service levels and capacity utilization/staffing requirements.
Responsibilities / Duties include but are not limited to:
• Review and analyze sales forecast and inventory data and take required action to create the most optimal Master Production Schedule (MPS) with required inventory exposure.
• Develop and effectively communicate the production schedule in accordance with inventory/sales targets and ensure schedule is continually maintained and communicated throughout the supply chain process.
• Anticipate supply problems and implement resolution, manage inventory trend projections, and provide clear scheduling direction.
• Identify, allocate, and disaggregate demand plan by model and develop aggregated master production schedules for finished goods and component items based on lead-times, capacity limitations, and material availability.
• Analyze weekly supply versus demand and implement any required actions to align with the over-all business strategy; initiate discussions with Sales and Operations regarding any changes needed; and make recommended adjustments.
• Prepare weekly S&OP summaries, which include production data, sales demand analysis, availability, inventory levels, and days of supply.
• Work collaboratively with suppliers and other internal departments to analyze, identify, and resolve product availability issues/problems.
• Lead efforts to implement standardized processes for the Production Planning function.
• Initiate the development of process improvements and then work collaboratively with impacted departments.
• Act as a key resource for Senior Management in the development of short-term business strategies.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management required.
• At least 3 years of experience in Master Scheduling, Demand Planning, Production Control, Supply Planning, or Materials Management.
• Advanced Excel knowledge.
• Experience working with ERP or planning and optimizing systems.
• Flexibility and adaptability to the demand and requirements of a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, very detailed oriented, and extremely organized.
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
• Broad knowledge of materials planning, product allocation, master scheduling, production control and manufacturing processes.
• Strong knowledge of the supply and/or demand planning process within a continuous flow manufacturing environment.
• APICS certification is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge then we would like to explore your potential. Please apply online at www.hylife.com/currentopportunities.php
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted