Federated Insurance, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northbridge Financial Corporation (Northbridge), is a leading Canadian company providing specialized insurance to select classes of business including: equipment dealers, home builders, printers, contractors (mechanical, electrical, trade), automotive, tire and RV dealers. Federated Insurance has been insuring Canadian businesses for 90 years.
We are presently recruiting for a Risk Analyst - Special Risks position within our Winnipeg office.
You will in accordance with company guidelines and standards, underwrite quotes, new business and renewals with the objective of maintaining and growing a profitable book of business.
- Completes a thorough risk analysis resulting in appropriate Property/Casualty and Automobile business selection.
- Creatively handles decision making, problem solving and risk management on a pro-active basis using clear and precise thought processes.
- Requests additional information from Risk Service Coordinator, Loss Prevention Consultant as deemed necessary to complete an appropriate evaluation of the file.
- Manages underwriting activity
- Handles reinsurance lines appropriately.
- General administration duties.
- University degree or Community College diploma or acceptable insurance experience.
- Experience in the Property/Casualty insurance industry would be an asset.
- Completion of or willing to work towards C.I.P. or C.R.M. designation.
- Knowledge of the facultative reinsurance market would be an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making capabilities. Ability to function efficiently and produce in a changing environment.
- Ability to travel.
Federated Insurance offers a challenging career, attractive rewards and a comprehensive Total Rewards Package.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online or submit your resume to HR@federated.ca.
We thank all that apply, however only those under consideration will be contacted.