To ensure all assigned mechanical related tasks are completed in a timely and cost effective manner with a high level of quality, using safe work practices.
NOTE: Projects located in Carmangay, Wetaskiwin, Morinville and Camrose areas.
- Utilizes safe work practices and promote safety policies to others. Must maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for safe and conscientious use of equipment including forklift, skidsteer loader, scissor lifts, and power tools.
- Proficient in material take offs.
- Reads and understands construction drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications.
- Install, examine, diagnose and adjust various types of industrial and mechanical equipment.
- Understanding of multi hp industrial drives, shafts, bearings, and lubrication.
- Assemble and commission mechanical systems.
- Supervises labourers and resources as required for a specific task.
- Teaches and trains junior workers to develop trade related skills.
- Owns and maintains trade tools as required.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business interactions and strives to meet customer needs in a creative and safe manner.
- Pleasant demeanour with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment.
- Experience as an industrial mechanic, preferably in an Industrial Construction Site.
- Journeyman status is preferred, enrolled in a Millwright Apprenticeship program is an asset.
- Possesses current first aid certificate.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of winter construction techniques and ability to work in cold weather.
To apply, you must first create your candidate profile and then click on the APPLY button at the bottom of the position profile. Thank you to all applicants, however, only selected applicants considered for next steps will be contacted.