At 64,000 square feet, The Bell MTS Data Centre is designed to be Manitoba's largest and most advanced, secure, reliable and environmentally friendly commerical Data Centre. Enabling Bell MTS to provide State-of-the-art IT and Cloud services to both Manitoba Businesses, as well as organizations across North America.
The ICT Customer Support staff are responsible for providing system, network operations, and facilities support, ensuring that all Data Centre services are available and performing at their peak efficiency.
ICT Customer Support staff play a key role in maintaining the Data Centre, by monitoring network connectivity, power, cooling, and temperature in the whitespace and by identifying, reacting, trouble shooting and escalating issues as per documented processes. ICT Customer Support staff are also responsible for monitoring building systems (HVAC, CRAC/CRAH units, UPS), reporting any environmental issues to facility staff. ICT Customer Support staff’s responsibilities also include installation of cabinets and equipment, cross connects, performing remote hands requests and cabling work
ICT Customer Support staff will also update process documentation, generate reports and perform client status communication duties.
Other duties include project work, such as the installation of fiber and copper cabling systems including fusion splicing and field termination of fiber cables. Often this work is performed on ladders and raised platforms.
- Problem Solving
- Engage in proactive and reactive network/systems monitoring in a 24 hour facility
- Upon receipt of network/system trouble conditions, follow procedures to validate and classify impact, perform basic troubleshooting and notify appropriate personnel
- Escalate all critical issues as per documented process
- Operate within established SLA guidelines
- Enter new trouble tickets, assign existing tickets and keep stakeholders informed of status
- Update process documents and internal knowledge base
- Create, adjust and maintain monitoring rules as required
- Perform proactive health checks on key systems on a predetermined schedule
- Manage multiple vendors to ensure resolution of client issues
- Seamlessly transfer information at the end of each shift with other NOC staff about any outstanding issues and tasks
- Work to ensure that procedures are well-documented and understood
- Accurately open and update customer trouble tickets
- Provide customers with updates on their existing trouble tickets via email or telephone as per published procedures as it pertains to ticket severity
- Installation of datahall cabinets and equipment
- Installation of Datacom cabling including Singlemode, Multimode, and Copper cabling solutions to datacentre standards.
- Testing, and troubleshooting of Datacom cabling systems utilizing Fluke test equipment.
- ther duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of networking and server operating system concepts
- Previous data center experience considered an asset
- Understands needs and requirements for monitoring/reporting systems and service performance levels
- Highly motivated individual with a team player mentality
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience required
- Experience working in an SLA environment
- Organized and methodical in approach and execution
- Flexible yet decisive with the ability to take initiative
- Knowledge of copper and fiber optic media types
- Limited Specialized Trade Electricians License (Voice Data Video) is an asset
- Functional knowledge of inside plant disciplines (ISP); fiber optic and electrical cabling, labeling and lacing conforming to telecom industry standards.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical systems is an asset
- Ability to work well with others
- Willing to change in order to adapt to business and/or client needs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision and accept change with a positive outlook
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to effectively follow and give directions.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork to report abnormalities or incidents.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and provide good customer care.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Available for 7/24 support, working 12 hour shifts as part of a 4 on 4 off rotation
- Atypical work hours with regularly scheduled evening, overnight and weekend shifts (12 hour shifts, 3 days on 3 days off)
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ladder work and working from raised platforms