Dynamic opportunities await you in your new career with Shared Health. Shared Health is the not-for-profit corporation responsible for all of Manitoba’s public laboratory services and for rural diagnostic imaging services.
On behalf of the Choosing Wisely Manitoba initiative we currently have a newly created permanent full-time opportunity located at Shared Health's Winnipeg Corporate Office. Choosing Wisely Manitoba (CWMB) was formalized in 2014 and is led in partnership by Shared Health and the George and Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation. CWMB is an initiative to improve health outcomes, patient and provider experiences and health system efficiencies and sustainability, sharing the national goals of reducing unnecessary tests, treatments and interventions.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist to join our Choosing Wisely Manitoba (CWM) team. This is an opportunity to create and implement marketing and communications strategies and initiatives for reaching priority health care segments and to increase awareness of the Choosing Wisely Manitoba brand. This role is an integral member of the Choosing Wisely Manitoba team and will be situated at Shared Health’s corporate office. The position will report to the Director of Communications, Shared Health, and from time to time, will assist with other Shared Health communications projects as required. The role will manage and/or participate in Choosing Wisely Manitoba sponsorship opportunities, speaking engagements and seek strategic health care related events and conferences to participate in.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage marketing initiatives and collateral targeted at specific health market segments to increase recognition of the CWM mandate.
- Ensure marketing initiatives are in accordance with the CWM strategic plan, and in compliance with national Choosing Wisely Manitoba Canada guidelines and specifications.
- Develop and manage special communications projects as required, including research, presentations and project documents for marketing and clinical communications.
- Develop and implement CWM’s digital strategy (web, social media).
- Manage and coordinate the development of a CWM client information database to support marketing initiatives and dissemination of information.
- Research, write and create marketing collateral and promotional material to support various marketing initiatives and related clinical activities.
- Research, develop, implement and manage sponsorship and seek strategic linkages. Collaborate with the National CWC team and other regional offices.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in a health care setting to create and execute marketing/communications/advertising plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate Choosing Wisely Manitoba Executive meetings and other events.
To be successful in this role, you will have a post-secondary degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related. You will have a minimum of 5 years experience and have experience working with all levels of an organization. You will have knowledge of best practices related to communications, engagement, public relations, media relations, web and online engagement. Proven skills in design using Adobe InDesign and social media are required. Experience in Word Press, video production and editing and previous experience working in a health care setting are considered assets.
The successful candidate will also have the ability to manage and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines, be a creative thinker, resourceful and have effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Shared Health is committed to providing a leading edge working environment for our employees. This philosophy includes professional development, supporting collaboration, technology and innovation, promoting advancement and providing new challenges and opportunities. The organization also provides a competitive compensation package, health & dental benefits and a defined benefits pension plan.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter and resume before June 12, 2018.
This position requires the successful applicant to have a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (Including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained not more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Choosing Wisely Canada
Choosing Wisely Canada is the national voice for reducing unnecessary tests and treatments in health care.
Choosing Wisely Canada launched on April 2, 2014, and is organized by a small team from the University of Toronto, Canadian Medical Association and St. Michael’s Hospital (Toronto).
It is part of a global movement that began in the United States in 2012, which now spans 20 countries across 5 continents.
Choosing Wisely Canada inspires and engages health care professionals to take leadership in reducing unnecessary tests, treatments and procedures, and enables them with simple tools and resources that make it easier to choose wisely.