Marketing and Communications Specialist
Crosstown Civic Credit Union
Crosstown Civic Credit Union is seeking a creative, outgoing, and energetic marketing professional for the position of Marketing and Communications Specialist. Reporting to the Director, Member and Employee Experience this position will assist with the development and implementation of marketing campaigns, internal and external communications, and branding initiatives. This role is also responsible for liaising with a wide variety of audiences and will assist in overseeing community relations activities and credit union sponsored events.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with establishing, implementing and evaluating short and long range marketing goals, including the credit union’s advertising, promotion, market research and public relations functions.
- Coordinate, design, develop and implement marketing programs, materials and delivery systems that will reflect our brand and achieve the overall business plan goals of the credit union.
- Assist in content creation of marketing related documents to membership and employees including but not limited to: newsletters, product features, letters, statement inserts, forms, press releases and all digital and social media platforms.
- Provide in-depth information and support to Branch/Department Operations including educating staff on organizational brand initiatives, active and upcoming marketing campaigns and programs. In partnership with branch management assist in strengthening overall business development and community outreach.
- Liaise with community partners including school and business partners, not-for-profit organizations and assist in a variety of community relations activities including fundraising events, public relations programs and special branch activities. Assist with evaluating sponsorship and donation requests made to the credit union.
- Assist with the organization and acquisition of media purchasing including negotiating advertising agreements.
- Research and coordinate purchase of branded promotional material and inventory is regularly maintained.
- Research, analyze and compile information relative to marketplace, competition, members and industry trends. Provide recommendations for growth opportunities in support of the long-term vision of the credit union.
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary Degree or Diploma in digital media, communications, marketing or an equivalent combination of both education and experience. The successful candidate must also have excellent written communication skills with strong storytelling and copywriting ability. Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including delivering confident presentations are required. Graphic design experience is a plus. This position requires intermediate knowledge of marketing design, advertising and promotion and data analysis. Experience with social media and related technologies are an advantage. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work in high pressure situations with moving deadlines.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience and includes a comprehensive Benefit Package and a Bonus Incentive Program.
If you would like to join our team, you are invited to click 'Apply' below to submit your resume and cover letter. This competition closes on Tuesday September 4, 2018.
We thank all those that express an interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Crosstown Civic Credit Union, we are committed to helping our members achieve their long-term goals by building long-standing relationships and providing high quality service - every decision we make, every action we take, is done exclusively with members in mind. Crosstown Civic CU currently operates a network including our Corporate Offices, nine Winnipeg branch locations, a Commercial department and a virtual division, AcceleRate Financial.