CRESTLINE COACH LIMITED – POSITION DETAILS
POSITION: Product Design Technologist
LOCATION: Saskatoon, SK
JOB TYPE: Salaried
Crestline Coach Ltd. was founded in 1975, in Saskatoon, SK. The company has grown to become North America's leading ambulance manufacturer and Canada's largest supplier of small to mid-size commercial buses for transit, paratransit, shuttle and tour applications. An industry leader worldwide in emergency vehicles safety, with cutting edge manufacturing processes and exceptional sales and service, Crestline defines the industry every day with its continued array of industry innovations.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Product Design Specialist within our Engineering Department. The primary objective of this role is to support our production area associates with design documentation, and to assist with the design of new features and models.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Create and maintain feasible/robust designs, production drawings, schematics and customer concept drawings that meet:
- High Crestline Engineering/QMS standards
- Internal requirements for clarity and manufacturability
- External customer requirements for vehicle design
- Where applicable, OEM chassis requirements
- As applicable, regulatory and statutory requirements
- And exceed the high expectations of discerning specialty vehicle users.
- Contribute to effective Production/Design/Sales discussions leading to satisfied customers
- Incorporate product feedback gathered during the manufacturing cycle and after release to improve product design and manufacturability in future
- As appropriate, coordinate the procurement of subcontracted materials through the Supply Chain Management department
- Deliver accurate and robust Bill of Materials
- Provide nests/programs to the router and other CNC controlled equipment
- Supporting our Lean Team, as necessary, before, during and after a Kaizen event.
- Performing other tasks from time to time as instructed.
The successful candidates must have the following:
- Diploma in CAD/CAM or Mechanical Technology
- Practical experience in the following: CAD/CAM software including: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD or SigmaNEST
- 2+ years experience in product design.
- Strong 3D CAD drafting skills / understanding of accepted drafting principles.
- Excellent time & project management skills.
- Complex problem solving ability in a team environment.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- MS Office suite.
Nice to Have:
The following are assets, though not necessary:
- Experience in metals manufacturing, and design for manufacturability.
- Experience or training in a Lean Manufacturing environment would be a definite plus.
- Knowledge of welding, milling, bending and assembly will be a plus.
We pride in our world-class team of associates that have made us such a fierce, but respected, competitor, and look for the following traits in each team member:
- A winning, competitive, and a “can-do” attitude.
- A friendly but professional approach to others.
- Always ready to try a new idea out, and the ability to learn from each failure.
- A strong individual contributor, as well as a thorough team player.
- A detail-oriented and a data-driven approach to projects.
- Driven, and a go-getter, with a strong understanding of Sense of Urgency.