Canadian Light Source Inc. (CLSI) is Canada’s national synchrotron research facility located on the University of Saskatchewan campus in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. This facility produces high-intensity synchrotron light, millions of times brighter than sunlight, to explore the nature and structure of molecules and serves national and international users from academia, industry, and government institutions. The CLS facilitates scientific research aimed at finding solutions for global challenges in agriculture, health, advanced materials, and the environment.
The CLSI is now recruiting for an Instrumentation Technologist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the troubleshooting, design, installation, maintenance and repair of instrumentation and control systems for all of the CLS Facility.
- Responsible for, and works with, a variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer devices used to measure and control pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force, and chemical composition.
- Responsible for the ongoing operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and optimizing of a number of major facility systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and facility repair regarding CLS Facility operations.
- Installs and maintains instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes.
- Maintains, repairs, and adjusts system components and/or removes and replaces defective parts.
- Calibrates and maintains components on new or existing plant equipment and processes.
- Collaborates and coordinates with engineers regarding design, purchasing equipment, system assembly, programming, commissioning and submission of design specifications.
- Uses a variety of testing devices to inspect and test the operation of instruments and systems, diagnose system faults, and calibrate components and instruments.
- Occasional shift-work for this position may be required, and the successful candidate will be a part of our on-call team.
- A relevant diploma or degree is required for the position.
- A dual journeyperson ticket in instrumentation and electrical is strongly preferred. A ticket in instrumentation is a requirement.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant post-diploma/degree work experience.
- Ability to work independently and perform physically demanding work may be required.
Remuneration: This position falls within the scope of the Unifor Local 609 Collective Agreement. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including supplemental health & dental, health spending account, life insurance, pension plan, and three weeks’ vacation is part of a competitive compensation package.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume, along with references, in confidence, online at www.lightsource.ca/careers. Applications will be considered as of October 14, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canadian Light Source Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages members of designated groups (women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and visible minorities) to self-identify on their applications.