Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia. Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our Agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses (Hog Production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
The Pork Production Technician works directly with the Specialist, Manufacturing and is responsible for carrying out the feeding, health and breeding programs in the hog barn. This position requires the person to be part of a team working towards specific production goals.
The successful applicants will be responsible for assisting with all areas of production including the feeding and general care of hogs, pressure washing and preparing rooms, general maintenance and cleaning, formulating feeding and breeding programs, recognizing and treating health problems, maintaining hog performance records, and following safety and bio-security procedures.
Preferred Work Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Language - CLB level 5 To ensure you meet language requirements for the job, please include language test scores with your application. The language test score can be included in your resume or test results can be uploaded to your online candidate profile.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in hog production is required
- 2 to 3 years of post-secondary education at a community college, institute of technology or CEGEP or 2 to 5 years of apprenticeship training or 3 to 4 years of secondary school and more than 2 years of on the job training, occupation specific training courses or specific work experience is required
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- This position is based on a standard 40 hour per week schedule, including weekend, holiday and emergency hours as assigned on a rotational basis
- A valid driver’s licence and the ability to get to work located in a rural area is required
Job Certifications, licensing or registration requirements
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision Care, Short Term Disability as well as Basic Life Insurance paid for by the Company. Additional coverage includes Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and company Pension Plan.